Skip to main content

Stud Muffin

Hi Alex,

I got to see how you're doing today at our 26 week ultrasound. Memaw was there since your daddy had to work. I was so excited to see you. You seem to already picked up my habit of putting my hand on my face while sleeping. You had your little fingers around your face, yawning much of the time.  The tech tried to get you to move your hand so she could take a picture of your face for me but it took a little work.

I did get a good look at your limbs. Take a look at the muscle definition on that arm right there. The tech pointed out that it looks like I have a strong little man. While we were focused on your face, your foot made an appearance too! Apparantly, right now your favorite position is folded up. Your head down so I'm getting headbutted, kicked and punched all in the same spot. I'm not very surprised though. I have a short torso so if I'm sitting for long periods, you really don't have room to stretch. I do try to lay out on the couch when I'm at home. I can feel you kick everywhere at that point.

Now let's get to the stud muffin part. I told the tech I didn't get a picture of your winkie yet and she's like don't worry, she'll get one today and boy did she. Look at that! You are quite the stud muffin, little man. Memaw was like "Well, his daddy should be proud." When we got a good look at your legs, you were a little bow legged. Memaw was like it's because he has a big wee wee to make room for in between. I couldn't help but laugh at that.

The next may be my favorite picture. I can see you lips and nose. Your eyes are in the dark but oh boy, you are going to have some lips on you. Go figures since your dad and I have lucious lips too. I see your cute button nose too! I can't wait to smother you in kisses.

You're about 2.5 pounds and the tech couldn't get a length since you were doing gymnasitics through much of the appointment. Everything looks good, according to the tech. You've been a good baby lately, letting your dad feel you kick almost on command. He leaned down to kiss you goodbye and asked for a high five and you gave him one. I bet that made his morning bright. I love you little man.

Love,
Mommy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Second ultrasound

I'm 9 weeks today. Your dad was able to come with me to my second appointment and he saw you for the first time. You're just starting to form limbs now.. and couldn't stop wiggling. At first, your dad thought the doctor was making you dance but he says, that's all you.. You were like a cartoon teddy-gram just dancing away. We also got to hear your heart beat. My heart skipped a beat hearing yours. It was strong and FAST too.  The doctor says my glucose is still a little high so he's switching my medication to make sure I'm in a healthy range.. so we both stay as healthy as possible. I figure I just have to watch my diet more. I haven't been going crazy but the bad days are days I indulged in carbs a bit more at lunch. I'm going to do all I can to make sure you are healthy from the jump. I love you, my nugget. 

Strange times: Coronavirus pandemic

Hi Alexander, It has been quite a while since I wrote to you here but these are strange times. You're actually strapped to me right now as I type this but that's how it goes these days. We are living in a pandemic. The coronavirus that causes the illness COVID-19 has caused much of the country to shut down for months. Your dad and I have been self-quarantining since mid-March. States are just reopening after officials shut it down to help slow the spread of the virus. Businesses were shuttered, schools closed and classes - for all ages - transitioned to online. I am sure you will learn about this time in school later on. It is an once in a century event. I wasn't planning on taking maternity photos but with all the time on the world on my hands I figured why not. I got dressed up, set up my phone on a tripod in the backyard and convinced your dad to take the photos. It turned out pretty good if I do say so myself. I know I will cherish them as time goes on. Here are some of

Six weeks old and BIG news

Hi Alexander, I can't believe you're already six weeks old. Ok, technically you're six weeks and three days old. Caring for you hasn't given me a whole lot of time to write. It seems like just yesterday we brought you home. You have grown so much! You were born at 7 pounds and 10 oz. At six weeks, you weigh 11 pounds by my weighing method. I weighed myself then added you and subtracted the difference. You're also so long! I can't measure that myself but I know you filled out your swaddle now and are able the pillows behind me when I nurse you. In the early days, you fit in the crook of my arm and now, you dangle off the end. You smile intentionally and still have no problem letting your dad and I know when you want our attention.  We had some adjusting to do this week. My six weeks of paid time off ended Wednesday and I had to decide whether to go back to work or take another six weeks off without pay. Initially, the plan was for me to take a full 12 weeks off.